/* Google Analytics code - added by maxr 11/14/05 ----------------------------------------------- */

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Kafka dreams

Last night I had a dream where I was in a scummy part of town with a few people. I had to sleep, so me and one of the other people laid down against a wall on a really sketchy street (or inside a sketchy house). I woke up to find that there were rats covering my hands. They started biting me, leaving my hands with lots of bite-marks; they looked almost like snake-bites. I was freaking out, and implored the people I was with (who knew the area) to take me to a hospital. They told me not to worry about it, and that I'd be fine. The last thing I remember is worrying about catching The Black Plague, but they still wouldn't help me.

Google turned up some instances where people have had similar dreams (rats biting hands being the important motif). The only thing I was able to find was the obvious analysis that a rat represented a deceitful person in my midst, and that being bitten means I've gotten screwed over. Forgive me for thinking that's a little lame. It's not nearly as interesting as the meaning behind the dream where all my teeth crumble.

Maybe the important part of the dream wasn't the rats (although it was the most vivid). Perhaps what was important was the fact that none of the people I was with were helping me.

Where's Jung when you need him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home